Loving caring relationships
All relationships are important. If your baby or child sees kind and respectful relationships they will also learn to be kind and respectful.
- They are the key to your baby’s and child’s development in all areas (e.g. brain development, social and emotional development).
- They encourage their speech and language development.
- They shape and build your baby’s brain.
- They help – babies and children build confidence and self-esteem, feel safe and secure and to trust in others, help your child to regulate their difficult feelings- leading to fewer behaviour difficulties and can help to protect against anxiety and depression.
- They can build resilience so that they will be better able to cope with life’s stresses.
- Enables your child to build and keep healthy relationships as they grow up.