Early Years App Now Live in Bramhall and Cheadle Hulme
The GM Early years app officially launched on Monday 23 October in the Bramhall and Cheadle Hulme areas for all parent and carers of children aged under 2 ½ years old. The App will initially be a pilot just for the families in those areas, with a plan to expand to other parts of Stockport if deemed successful. It has been specifically designed to offer a digital solution to help you to check that your child is developing as expected and to provide support quicker when needed. The App is there to make the process of completing your child’s Ages and Stages development assessments easier online rather than using the current paper forms.
The benefits of the App:
- Saves you time
- Puts you in control of your data
- No longer worry about losing the paper forms!
- Better understand how your child is developing
- Video content and guidance to support your child’s development
- Access historical assessment forms and other document
- Access your child’s development records whenever you may need them.
Throughout the pilot we will be asking parent and carers for feed and their thoughts on how they think the App is working and how it might be improved. The App is part of our aim of giving all children the best possible start in life.
Giving your child the best start in life
We are trialling the Early Years App for children living in Bramhall and Cheadle Hulme initially as we want to test out how this new digital solution works for parents and carers to view and complete their child’s developmental assessment questionnaire on-line. The health practitioner will then be able to view the completed assessments on-line.
We are hoping the new App, in addition to all the benefits for parents and carers listed above, will support our staff to provide more efficient care for you and your child, as they will be able to view your child’s assessment in advance of your appointment, will reduce the quantity of the paperwork that we currently have to print out and post to you, and enable us to try out other new ways of working.
Once the pilot has been run it will be evaluated and if successful rolled out across all areas of Stockport.
- If you are eligible for this pilot your Start Well health visiting team will be in touch with you to explain how to sign up
- Should you have any questions please contact our advice line on 0161 835 6789 or email Adviceline@stockport.nhs.uk
NHS Stockport data and privacy notice